Forum Topic

Private & Public

In the UK we have a crazy world where private things are considered public & vice versa.Should the government have made the cut to winter Fuel allowance? No. Taxable? Probably Yes.We are now in the weird situation where private companies that profit from the privatised flawed energy market can give some money back to consumers.Let's be straight Octopus is one of the better companies when it comes to customer services - not flawless I have some outstanding issues with them that have lasted months. Not to mention you can't really alter your direct debit even if you are in credit by quite a few bob.That aside this may help some if you are a Octopus customer.But should private companies be offering non regulated discounts based on age or is this just clever marketing that they have to follow?I do not know - it may however help some people."Octopus assist - apply for free winter fuel payment if you won’t receive it from government this year - Claim £50, £100 and £200..How do I apply for help through Octopus Assist?We’ll ask you to share some information about your health, any vulnerabilities, income and monthly costs so we can work out the best ways we can help you. Applying is quick and straightforward, and you can do it online, over the phone, or by mail.We’ll also check if you’re entitled to any other government support or benefits (which for some customers, add up to £10,000 a year) and can help you apply. More on that below."https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/octopus-assist-apply-for-free-winter-fuel-payment-if-you-wont-receive-it-from-government-this-year-4412344

Ed Robinson ● 44d2 Comments