Forum Topic

Unlike the US & EU the UK EV production such as London's black cab are made by Chinese companies or in the case of buses  in partnership with the Chinese companies. I guess we should scrap many of the TFL EV buses just in case?Most EVs including Tesla models are also using Chinese batteries. Do we scrap those too?No doubt some will be happy to promote US/EU protectionism whilst closing production and investment in the UK.Let's not forget the deal the last Labour government did with Germany, to flood the UK with dirty diesels knowing the health risks, so that German auto industry could be protected.The same Labour party that retrospectively penalized those car owners through regression taxation such as the ULEZ.The last Labour government continuing the Thatcherite policy of deindustrializing the UK that has led to China's dominance.Do you not think that the reverse case can not be made about Western technology?The last thing Western manufacturers need now is to lose even more overseas markets especially following recent events where Western technology was used as a weapon.I do wonder where some people have been during the last few decades. They may have not have noticed that Western supply chains are heavily dependent upon China and even a gradual move away will lead to a huge increase in inflation. Imagine what a trade war would do?Oddly enough EU car manufacturers are against the tariffs.Right hand drive EVs  can be sold in Thailand, Singapore, Maylasia and Australia but let's stick to good old diesel so Labour can tax us more I guess!

Ed Robinson ● 33d