Forum Topic

Let's see what TFL has to say, perhaps they have something smart to do with bus routes up their sleeve, although the tight turns are unlikely to give them many options. Richmond are not the quickest either. I think the crash barrier on Gypsy Lane is still missing. Qim still hoping there is something I have over looked. I hope it is the case because looking at TFL budget document it would be nice to think if only TFL had bigger budgets ect but it looks like it is just a low priority. Under "delivering on our customer goal - give people more reasons to choose sustainable travel"  the top item is "Expanding high speed mobile coverage on the tube" which is really a nice to have IMO. Perhaps it is just a sloppy glossy but one wonders about the thought of the ordering.Toilets and step free access although perhaps not as sexy as USB ports on buses and high speed internet on the tube, many would consider basic requirements of a civilised society.LTN's, 20mph London etc should really be additional to providing a basic service to all IMO. I'm sure another sexy initiative will come along soon and 2030 will come and go without much change.I'm not suggesting TFL could get everything done in a year but the Mayor is approaching the end of his second term and this doesn't appear to be an election issue. It's worth looking at the planning application on Richmond's website. They have a 3D drawing which gives a good indication of what the new step free access between platforms will look like.Travelling via Station Road by a private vehicle will be fine, although the new bridge is quite far from the ticket area, it will have cctv but I imagine may appear quite isolated during times.The pavement is not in best condition along Station Road if not using a vehicle. https://board.tfl.gov.uk/documents/s19826/TfL%20Budget%202023-24.pdf

Ed Robinson ● 35d