Forum Topic

Putney - A very good local shop

A lovely weekend as always in Putney.A spare hour on Sunday morning. I like Sunday shopping as it's free parking. Yes I need my car as I have three kids and we carry alot of bags etc. Also it means I don't stop at the pub as I'm driving rather than walking.Shopping list . Shoes for daughter. Present for a baby and my new goddaughter. Some sports accessories for the boys.Ben and Lola - first stop in Putney Exchange. Excellent choice and lovely style. Always a discount sales rack in store as well. Doesn't need to be expensive. Bought exactly what I needed and present went down very well.Clark's - One of Britain's greatest shoe retailers. They are well located on the High Street a ground and basement sales area. Got the school shoes I needed , great service, well run shop, pay a little more but good quality shoes.Sportsdirect - back of Putney Exchange. 2 footballs for 9 quid. Required for my boys as they keep hitting them into orbit.I would've gone to Sporting Feet on Lacy Road if I needed sports shoes. They are one of the best around and we are lucky to have them as well.Pet Shop - There is one on the High Street , yes I bought some treats for the dog.Last weekend I needed a book for my dad. I went to Waterstones. In the Exchange. They have a lot of books to choose from in a good environment. I needed some helium balloons. I went to The Works and I then got a card from Card Factory. They were opposite one another.I could've gone to Wilko, my favorite shop. You can get anything in Wilkos. I could've got my wife a present from Oliver Bonas. I did that a few weeks back. Some lovely ladies clothing in there as well. New large sized store.I didn't get a gift from Farrago or Huttons. I should've done.On my way home I fancied some fruit, so I went into the new fruit and veg shop on LRR. Only been open a couple of weeks but looks a very good addition. Last Friday , I needed some nutritional advice, I went into Revital on High Street. I got a personal service and bought some products to sort my back pains out.The message is. There is plenty out there, just use it and don't moan. There is also a TK Maxx and H&M they're massive fashion retailers. Alot of people love them. Not everyone but we are lucky to have them.Nick

Nick Gulliford ● 575d18 Comments