Forum Topic

Martine (and Sue, I guess). Firstly, just to clarify, any of my posts are my own views and opinions, they're nothing to do with official Labour party policy. They may often be aligned with them but at other times may be closer to Green or Liberal views - for example, on current Brexit policies.Sorry, it was a little rant like but I am upset about people being being misled. (And, ok, perhaps Tories aren't always the only ones guilty of of that. I know some who left the LiberalDem party after the coalition and Labour members unhappy with Blair's support of George W.) I am very sad that many cannot afford food, heating and other necessities let along some luxuries that should be possible in one of the world's leading economies, particularly when that includes those in public services such as nurses, care workers, police, communications workers - and even junior criminal barristers - that keep society tricking over.It annoys me that Corbyn (J) and McDonnell were trashed by the right wing press. Perhaps they would have done a rubbish job - we'll never know - but in my opinion I do believe they care about people and true levelling up and looking at where we are now perhaps they wouldn't have done any worse? But, no pointing going there. I also believe our local MP, Fleur, and Sir Kier - and also, for that matter, our previous MP, Justine - do care about levelling up. I do have an obsession about Brexit but then I've seen some of the analysis of tweet bots attributed to the Russians and also how the Russians hacked the DNC gmail accounts in the US, so I'm convinced Putin probably did influence both the Brexit referendum and the US election that Trump won. (Although, difficult to assess to what extent.) Obviously, you haven't seen those so won't be similarly convinced, and I can't show you any evidence as it was disclosed under NDA so that I could look for similar signs of compromises in my own organisation. (No reason why you should believe me but just explaining my obsession.)I'm annoyed that going back to 2019 some indicated my views on Johnson were perhaps stupid, inappropriate, ... not sure of the best word but I feel vindicated by recent events. You're probably correct that I should be more conciliatory towards those now being disadvantaged by voting for the Tories but I also know my views are quite temperate compared to others I know!

Michael Ixer ● 581d