Forum Topic

Apologies for this long response, but replying to other comments on this thread, I would like to say:- do all of you who commented on the DHR and Genoa Av restrictions live in West Putney or neighbouring roads?  - the LTN scheme was very badly designed (excuse me for being horrible) by a useless man/men in government (not TFL).  I say this disrespectfully because of precedent on their lack of efficiency and effectiveness- the implementation of the scheme was delegated to Councils and it is striking how all Councils in the country that applied this scheme did so as badly as WBC, at the same time and in the same way- maybe WBC made a few changes but were of not great significance in the overall strategy - it is not surprising that the scheme was suspended throughout WBC because, not only is it an extremely ill-thought-out scheme, the level of opposition to it was considerable, not just from whingers near DHR.  Not having access to the road you live in, for example, was beyond ludicrous, increased travel times, etc- the shops on the parade were nose-diving to bankruptcy due to the scheme and the re-paving of the parade (which was also suspended and it is now being done is small sections but cars can reach the parade - if traffic is to be restricted or curtailed, you must go to the root of the problem, not pick and choose roads in a haphazard way- consideration must be given to people that need vehicles to work such as doctors, nurses, trades people including disabled people who have to use their cars to go to work, as well as all those delivery lorries which bring all the goodies many so gleefully buy online from the comfort of their sofa- I do not entirely disagree with trying to keep traffic on the main roads, provided lights synchronization is improved to allow traffic to flow and, dare I say, move cycle lanes to less busy roads but, above all, allow emergency services to reach their destination quickly!- I completely disagree in creating congestion and pollution on other roads but not mine, more so if it is on narrower residential roads- I maintain that roads are there to be used - whether by cars, motorbikes, cyclists, pedestrian, horse and carts even, not just for decoration.At a time people are asked to go back to work (with a limit of 6?) and avoiding going on public transport, I am not surprised the use of cars has gone up tremendously (pls see the article on PutneySW15).Was it all done too quickly at once?  Absolutely!  Start with rush hour restrictions and see how it goes; it must be done strategically.  It would give you a clearer indication as to how to progress.  Thank you.

Ivonne Holliday ● 1288d